- December: New logo accepted
- December: Web pages published
- December: 9th member accepted
- June: APSI transfers the materials in the NASA NRPIF (Nordic Regional Planetary Image Facility) archive to Järviseutu-Seura ry. The unique planetary images are to be used as foundation of a new science exhibition around the impact crater lake Lappajärvi.
- February: Fifth APSI contribution published (in MaPS).
- December: APSI officially registered in the Finnish Register of Associations.
- November: APSI officially founded with 6 founding members.
- June: Second APSI contribution published (in JGR).
- February: First APSI contribution published (in Icarus).
- November: APSI headquarters moves to Rovaniemi.
- October: Current and future APSI members seek solutions to save the invaluable materials in the NASA NRPIF archive. Process continues until mid-2016.
- Early autumn: APSI (unregistered) founded.